Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hey, It's Okay Tuesdays

I'm getting on board with Amber from Airing My Dirty Laundry, One Sock At A Time and doing Hey, It's Okay Tuesdays.

She got the idea from a feature in Glamour magazine, and I used to rip that page out in college and post it all over my dorm room.  I think it was meant to be.



Hey, it's okay...


...to hang out in your bathtub when you're sick of every other room in the house.

...to look forward to a 10-hour drive because it means you can have some very colorful and involved conversations with yourself.

...to pass up plans with friends on Thursday night because you already have a date (with NBC).

...to be annoyed because your classmate claims to have never heard Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline."

...if you floss 5 times as often as you work out.

...to celebrate Easter at the gun range with your dad.

...to be annoyed with people who like to eat at 7:30pm, when your senior citizen stomach is ready for the Early Bird special at 5pm.

...to tire of hippies and yearn for well-read, snarky capitalists.

...if you don't know who Justin Bieber is, but you still think he looks like a walking zygote with lip gloss.


26 comments:

Lisa said...

I like this post. And to borrow from 30 Rock, when it comes to Justin Bieber, we are talking about an ultra-sound. And YUCK. Is all I have to say about him.

JP said...

A> Not Thursday nights but rather Tuesday nights... LOST!!!!

B> Anyone who claims to have never heard "Sweet Caroline" is lying and really loves to belt it out in the car when they're alone.

C> I still don't know who Justin Bieber is except that Conan is in a Twitter war with him...

Anonymous said...

I love Thursday night on NBC. "Sweet Caroline" is an amazing song and I love Neil Diamond's Christmas album.
I love this post.

KLZ said...

Wait - THAT is Justin Bieber? Why is that 12 year old flashing a gang sign at me?

PS Is it time for dinner yet? I'm hungry.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha.

Made. My. Morning.

My favorite part of Sweet Caroline is yelling along to the "bom bom bom"s. I will also include jumping if it comes on when I'm in a dancing mood. I don't understand how anyone could NOT know that song!

Macey said...

Omagoodness. This cracks me up!
I love the Justin Beiber thing...I used to think it was Beaver. I'm a dweeb.
But he IS a zygote with lip gloss.
And about Easter...at least you'll be with your dad, right?!

Jamee said...

Love this post! I don't understand the Justin Beiber thing at all!

Anonymous said...

Zygote with lip gloss. Ahhh, couldn't have said it better.

foxy said...

I may or may not ditch my friends for TV on both Tuesdays and Thursdays, but I would never ever tell them that. That would make them seem insignificant and me seem like an addict (to tv only - nothing hard).

Shell said...

I have no idea who that baby-child is.


I have a hard time believing someone hasn't heard Sweet Caroline.

Masala Chica said...

my niece just told me who justin bieber was and i was perplexed. he looks and sounds like a prepubescent girl? so confused.
but then i heard that ricky martin came out of the closet today and i got even more confused. because i thought we all knew this like, ten years ago?
kiran

SurferWife said...

Who in hells bells doesn't know Sweet Caroline.

The same people who DO know Justin Beaver, I guess.

Our youth is doomed.

Charlene said...

LOL @ Justin!

Thursday nights are CBS for me (Hello - Survivor!).

Love this idea for a post!

Tracie Nall said...

I was just discussing on twitter how I don't know who this Justin Bieber is.

I floss 5 times as often as I work out....hey, at least my teeth will last! =)

Natalie said...

haha justin bieber. oh my lord he looks prepubescent but is actually like 16 or some lies like that. whatever. you can't believe everything you read.

Mrs. Fine said...

Justin Bieber....Justin Bieber. He's everywhere. And how embarrassing that I had to ask my former students, now middle schoolers, who this "omg, he's so cute" guy was my students kept talking about. I'm clearly getting old. Bah. Hey, it's okay...to be old.

Christina said...

I like well-read snarky people of all types.

Well, maybe not the hippies if they're anti-deodorant hippies. But I'm really against anti-deodorant anyones, so I don't think that counts.

I like that *your* Tuesdays are going to make *me* feel awesome. And that it's okay to do that.

Anonymous said...

i HATE justin bieber. like would-tackle-him-into-oncoming-traffic-if-i-ever-saw-him-hate-hate-so-much-in-fact-that-i-am-willing-to-devote-this-entire-dash-separated-sentence-to-how-much-i-hate-him-even-though-typing-without-a-space-bar-drives-me-up-a-wall

i-am-not-neurotic.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Love this!!

And LOVE your Justin Bieber comment. That kid just bugs me. It's like, where did he COME from? Why is he always trending on Twitter?!

Vanessa said...

I so needed this laugh! Thank you!

Amy said...

Never heard of sweet Caroline??

Blasphemy!

JennyDillBrown said...

I'm always amused when the teenage girls' "heart throb of the moment" has a voice that's higher than mine.

That's just neat.

JennyDillBrown said...

I suppose we're really talking about tween girls, though.

Also, I'm pretty sure my voice was never that high. Not even when I was a toddler.

Anonymous said...

All completely valid points. I couldn't have said it better myself. Especially about eating at 5 pm and singing "Sweet Caroline." Really?!

Alicia said...

woman. if my dinner isn't on the table and on its way into my stomach by 5:02 i'm in a blind rage of fury. no joke. i HAVE to eat early...which is easy...since i'm the one who makes and serves the dinner...and who hasn't heard sweet caroline!?!?!? dun dun dunnnn...do do do do do do dooooooooo....sweet caroline...dun dun dunnnnn

Qoddess said...

You've been quoted... again!

http://qoddessquotesblogs.blogspot.com/2010/04/quotes-april-7-2010.html