Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Joey doesn't share food

Hey, it's Tuesday.

Just ask Amber.  I'm pretty sure she'll agree with me that it is, in fact, Tuesday.

Prepare to be validated.

Hey, it's okay...


...if you put about $25 into a tomato plant, 2 bags of soil, a giant flower pot and a wire cage and you only got 3 damn tomatoes out of the whole deal.

 ...to think the Charmin cartoon bears with toilet paper stuck to their butts are creepy as hell.

...if you heif out at a Mexican restaurant and on your way out, catch the faint aroma of Burger King and think, "That smells good."

...if you are so sick of that Train song, Soul Sister, you could spit on a gerbil.

...to love the Man vs. Food guy even if your blogsbian finds him foul and untrustworthy.

...if you want to blackmail someone into unmaking that f---ed up looking, weird-ass, animated owl movie.

...if you think most men are giant babies about getting sick.  I mean, I don't know about you guys but my dad taught me to walk it off.

...if you thought the movie The Back-Up Plan was total trash, but perhaps you also thought it was romantic as hell that the male lead created and named a cheese after his baby mama (and wish someone would do the same for you someday).

...if, despite having an older brother, going to kindergarten and having excellent parents, you still do not like to share.


24 comments:

Shell said...

I laugh at the Charmin bears. I'm very mature like that.

Men are BIG BABIES when they are sick. OMG. Ready to kick mine.

Michelle said...

umm every time I plant a garden it mystifies me how people claim that you "save" money. Pretty sure it cost more + the man hours to grow those few measly vegetables. Some satisfaction in it still though, no?

aaand The Back-up Plan was way creepy when that lady gave birth, like wtf? Bahhing like a goat? Legs spread wide like that? Visual of baby head exiting?

Almost as barf-worthy as that owl movie.

Dee at Pedestrian Palate said...

Where's my gerbil? I need to hock a loogie full of rageful hate.

Liz Mays said...

Yeah, we are separated from the poop remnants of a Charmin bear by a mere scrap of tissue? It's not good!

Who likes sharing? We do it because it's the right thing to do, but nobody likes it cuz it sucks!

SoundsLikeCanada said...

Those toilet paper bears freak me out, too. And they're super gross.

Seems like there are times when I just want to say, "Get up out of my business," when someone wants to taste something I'm eating. Or maybe that's just me.

Anonymous said...

Men are such babies when they are sick. They can't do anything for themselves and are pretty pitiful. I love that Joey doesn't share food. Probably one of my favorite episodes, but then again it's hard to pick favorites because they are all so awesome!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am creeped out by those Charmin ads too! What is this "pass the inspection" business? I don't remember that being part of the bathroom routine when I was a wee cub. - G

Salt said...

I'll jump on board the creepy dingleberry bear commercial bandwagon of hate. Their marketing department deserves a swift kick to the testicles.

foxy said...

Well, i didn't get any tomatoes, so it could be worse. I know it looked like i was getting some, but they became stunted and ended up rotting. Effing plants. I waste at least $50 on them every single year.

Carrie said...

all i gotta say about the back up plan (aside from the fact that it totally sucked) is that my birth experience was not like that! now i'm walking the streets wondering how many people are looking at my kid and me and having that nasty cult birth scene flash in their heads. just gross.

Amy said...

$25 for 3 organic tomatoes isn't all that bad Sara.

Also? DEATH TO TRAIN.

SERIOUSLY. I'M DONE.

Macey said...

The 3 tomatoes...well, it's better than what I would've gotten. I have a black thumb.
Those Charmin bears really get to me. I mean, they actually piss me off. For real. Weird, I know.
And the owl movie?? Gah.

liz said...

Uh oh...you and Surferwife disagree?!? A disturbance in the force...

Pretty Zesty said...

HAHA I agree with all of these. Where the frack did that owl movie come from???

Danielle said...

Joey doesnt share i love love!;)

Jen said...

Those three tomatoes might have been expensive but they sure did taste good!

Yankee Girl said...

I suck at gardening so I had my mom start a garden for me. I guess the tomatoes don't grow as well in a pot as they do in the ground. That's what my mom told me anyway, you know, after I killed the plant that was in the pot.

Lisa said...

Those Charmin bears ARE creepy as hell!!! Why are they always wiping on national television?

Christina said...

Charmin bears... ugh. I prefer the lube commercials over the animated bears talking about toilet paper stuck to their bums.

AiringMyLaundry said...

That's why I don't plant things. I never luck out.

SurferWife said...

As long as you haven't applied to be the artery filled, gluttenous man's apprentice we can reside in peace.

Haley quivers at the site of that heinous Owl Movie.

Anonymous said...

Here's mine:

Hey it's ok to delete your blog and abandon blogging only to return a week later. :)

KLZ said...

I'm pretty sure that having an older brother is WHY you don't like to share food. But I'm just guessing.

Sarah Beth said...

Amen to the Charmin bears!

Side note - one of my coworkers - a 31 yr old woman - told me the other day that she thinks those dancing/rapping gerbil Kia commercials are hilarious.

If I could pick one commercial to permanently erase from my memory, it would be that one. "You can get with this, or you can get with that..." Stop. the. madness.